Friday, October 16, 2009

Light anyone?


Luke 11:33

"No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house."

The last few days with all the rain the world just seems to get darker and darker, doesn't it? Well, every day I've had lamps on, I've lit candles to keep the light in the house. Without the light my mood becomes darker just like the dreary weather outside. We need the light!

I read a quote that went something like this ~ Some people change their ways when they see the light, others only when they feel the heat. I don't know who wrote it, but I thought it was pretty good. Which category do you fall into?

I remember reading about being a contagious Christian. I love the thought process that others want to catch what we have, if we walk and live in the light! I know that in my walk it was true. I wanted what those other folks had ~ that if I had to describe it truly it was something to do with the eyes. The word "peace" was shown and is shown through the eyes. I wanted the peace that I saw in their eyes. The scripture goes on to tell us that "When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light." Exactly what I desired is stated in this verse! I wanted that light!

Think today about that one person in your journey that had the light in their eye and praise God that He placed them in your life to show the light to you! At the same time, thank Him for being the Light in the world!

Praising God,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, aren't we physically and emotionally yearning for some sunshine these days. Maybe we spiritually yearn for The Light also. I think we try to fill that yearning with other things that don't satisfy.

I loved a little farther in verse 36 where Jesus said, "If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."

Trying to let my light shine today.