Friday, October 23, 2009

Tranquility ahhh


Luke 19:42

…Peace is hidden from your eyes.

Do you long for peace?

In this hurry, hurry world where telling everyone how busy we are - is like a badge of honor what is missing?

When I read this scripture it was a wow moment!

The original word for peace is "eirhnhn" which means the tranquility of the soul, assured of its salvation, so fearing nothing from God and we are content with our earthly lot and this is kept secret from us. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. The world is used by the devil everyday to keep us from this tranquil state and we allow the devil to keep it secret from us or to hide it behind our busy state of being…

I know that the peace in my heart is like nothing else, when I am right with God. When God is in His rightful place in my life I have the tranquility talked about above, but when I let something move in front of God's rightful place nothing is tranquil in my life. What about you?

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie I was touched by that whole passage, Luke 19:41-44. I didn't remember that this was another ocassion where Jesus wept. The passage says that, "he began to weep." He was weeping over Jerusalem.

Oh, how He must weep over us when we don't get it. Jerusalem didn't get that The King had come.

I would encourage anyone reading this to take the time to listen to the song on Debbie's Playlist here, "While You Were Sleeping."

Lord, may Your peace fill my heart today.