Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Looking ahead!


Luke 9:62

But Jesus told him, "Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God."

Wow, this is powerful! Someone recently shared this scripture with me to not look back..to be obedient and look ahead. It really spoke to my heart that we are to keep our eyes on God's plans and trust Him.

I looked up some of the meaning of the words for a stronger meaning this morning. A few of them placed together in original context would read like this…If you look behind to a time gone then you are not well placed or you don't fit or belong to me. It all spoke to trust to me this morning. I forgot to trust The Lord and his message to me was if you don't trust me ( The Lord) Debbie you don't have a spot with me!

Wow, such powerful words and I thank the Lord for once again giving me a lesson that I needed to hear and walk every day.

Looking forward,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Jesus was not sympathetic to His followers' excuses that day, was He? Jesus knew His time on earth was short.

Lord, help me to look forward today.