Saturday, October 23, 2010

Be strong, Be courageous!



I stepped outside yesterday to take the dogs out for their early morning relief session and this is what greeted us! Yes, a very friendly looking coyote that I think I heard smacking coming from his jaws. Seriously, he was watching us from a distance and I was very nervous. After all, my three babies were taking care of business oblivious to this new creature in their yard.

I didn't want to show alarm, but I was very alarmed! Buzzers were sounding everywhere in my brain and yet I felt like it would be okay at the same moment. Have you ever felt that way? My Spirit reminded me of my life verse from Joshua 1:9 "Have I not told you to be strong and courageous. I go with you wherever you go!" I felt a peace, but truly this was a new experience for me. One that in a moment my babies could be in the mouth of this critter and I wasn't sure I could handle that picture at all. Over and over my spirit was fed this verse until we were safely back inside our home with the door between me and this coyote! I have to admit it is easier to be brave when you have a huge, heavy log door between you and a coyote! I felt like I had the world by the tail and I was standing looking through the window doing the old fingers in the ears, ha-ha thing, but I wasn't quite that brave even with the door shut and him on the outside!

Evil seems always ready to just snatch us up! We are busy going about our daily chores without realizing that evil is about to pounce in our area of weakness, whether that is control, gossip, lack of patience or kindness, anger, terrible words, addiction, the list goes on and on, but it is there waiting, watching, and ready to pounce! How do we keep this from happening? Do we sound the alarms and begin to surround ourselves with the Word, Music, Christian Friends, Prayer to bring our peace back? Yes, indeed! Well, all of these are great ways to tell the evil to get back behind us, because the evil just isn't going to happen we are going to be strong! We are going to be strong and courageous because we indeed know who goes with us ~ OUR MIGHTY SAVIOR! No coyote or no other evil can defeat Our Savior!!!!

So, be ready when the alarms sound to shout Get Back Evil, I serve a Mighty LORD and you don't stand a chance! He is MY BIG STRONG LOG DOOR AND YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, what an experience you had with your doggies and the coyote.

Your statement about , "evil being ready to snatch us up reminded me of a scripture. It is Genesis 4:7, where the Lord is talking to Cain and the Lord says, "But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door. It desires to have you, but you must master it."

Wow! Lord, help us master what crouches at our door today.