Saturday, August 27, 2011

Even in the pit - we have hope!


Lamentations - Woeful cries

You are in a pit. Deep in a dark pit and you glance up to see the light. Hope.

Hope arrives with "The Light!"

Lamentations 3:55
But I called your name, LORD, from deep within the pit. You heard me when I cried, "Listen to my pleading!" Hear my cry for help!" Yes, you came when I called; you told me, "Do not fear."

Imagine, Jeremiah's sorrow at the loss but his thoughts were drawn back to God's mercy. The Hebrew word used here was used over 250 times in the old testament trying to share God's gracious love. It is all encompassing of grace, love, mercy, compassion, truth, forgiveness, and faithfulness. Never does God's mercy fail, even in the darkest moments when His judgment comes, His kindness is still present. His faithfulness endures forever! Judah was never going to be destroyed forever!

God keeps His promises!

So deep in the pit of destruction, Jeremiah remembers God's promises and clings to hope found in God's words!

Cling to God's promises,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

What I find beautiful about what you have shared with us today Debbie is all of the words that describe God.

He is light. He hears. He talks to us. He is gracious and loving. He is compassionate and truthful. He is forgiving and faithful. He is a promise keeper. I have hope because of who He is!