Monday, August 8, 2011

God's Words ~ Are they your joy and heart's delight??


Jeremiah 15:16
When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight...

I try to remember how I got through each day without God's help. I remember being frustrated, unsure, irritable, and just plain afraid of what might be next. I lifted short prayers, but truly I didn't know what would happen next.

Little by little I was pulled to God's Word. I started in small groups study in God's Word and things began to clear up a little bit, but still not focused. I read more and more and studied more and more and things became a little clearer.

One day I was challenged at a conference to read God's Word through daily for a year and it changed my life! Instead of a piece here and a piece there I began to get the whole picture. I understood where people were in their own life when things happened. I began to see that God spoke to me through His Word and we began to have a relationship! Yes, a relationship! Why do so many think we have to wait till we get to heaven? Do you really want to reach heaven and realize that you could have had more while here on earth?

The scripture from Jeremiah spoke exactly to how I feel ~ God's Words are my joy and my hearts delight and I indeed devour them! I study commentaries, I study original words, and I learn and grow more, but most of all ~ I talk to God like never before!

Thank you God for Your Mighty Word!

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: