Sunday, August 21, 2011

Solving the Riddle...


Do you like to solve puzzles?

Do you like to solve a problem?

Well, in Ezekiel 20:49; these were words were spoken...
O Sovereign Lord, they are saying to me, 'He only talks in riddles!"

Did they really want to understand or do we?

Over and over they are told about what to do and what not to do, but they turn a deaf ear. Over and over God is pretty plain about His desires.

Is it perhaps that our own unwillingness to hear that will not allow our hearts to get it? Is this perhaps what the people during Ezekiel's time were doing?

We know the way to solve the puzzle, but we don't want to hear it? So we just don't listen. We don't allow our hearts to grasp it; we pretend to not figure out the riddle or perhaps we don't allow our brains to get it...

I don't think Ezekiel was speaking in a riddle...I think God's Words were truly pretty plain...Stop doing evil...Stop doing evil...Do not put anything before Me...I gave you the land of milk and honey, the most beautiful place on earth and you refused my decrees...All pretty easy to understand, if you want to hear it...

Do we want to hear?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Boy Oh boy, was God giving the Israelites a piece of His mind! Telling it like it was. Pointing out the ugly truth of sin. In Ezekial 22, God says, "They(You) never even think of me and my commands. How strong and courageous will you be in my day of reckoning?"

God's words are for us right now! There is a day of reckoning coming.