Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Refusing to listen!


I got to 2 Chronicle 35: 22 and I just stopped and thought well there I am again...

But Josiah refused to listen...Josiah went out to fight the Egyptians and the King told him he didn't have a beef with him to go home that he was on a mission from God. He was doing what God told him to do and it was no business of Josiah's.

Well, Josiah didn't pay any attention and he was wounded and later died all because he stuck his nose where it didn't belong! How often do you offer two cents when nobody ask? How often do you lend an ear when somebody is speaking, but not to you? How often do you enter a fight when it is none of your concern? I know I do...just like Josiah!

Father, forgive me for the times I refuse to listen or when I decide to make something my business when it's not just like Josiah. Thank you for the story of Josiah to remind me to take a good look at myself. Amen

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

There are so many examples for us to learn from in the Bible. Even Josiah!