Thursday, October 24, 2013

Are you willing to get in the water?



Are you willing to get in the water?  

Often times, you hear people talking about Peter with a whole lot of different thoughts being tossed about whether it is his courage, his betrayal, his big mouth, his honesty, the list could just go on and on.

I love Peter.  Peter is just like all of us.  Yes, he truly is a take charge guy.  Yes, he is boastful at times.  Yes, he is filled with fear at times. Yes, he is human and he fails! I love him because he was willing to crawl out of that boat and try!  He tried and was willing to say Yes, I'll try!  He got out of the boat and for a moment...he walked on water!  He kept his eyes on Jesus and walked.

What are you trying to do to today that you know without Jesus you just can't do ?  Many people I know are facing very difficult decisions, situations, and the only possible way through the situation is to indeed get out of the boat and trust Jesus.  We can't do it alone.  We must keep our eyes on Jesus to get through, so I felt the LORD encouraging me to remind you of his words to Peter.

Matthew 14:29 ~ "Come," he said.

Go to Jesus just like Peter did!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Lord, help me to keep my eyes on you. Just like Peter it is so easy to look at my circumstances and be afraid.