Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tribute to a great friend ~ Rozi!





Today is a difficult day for me because I have lost a very dear friend!  She loved Halloween, so that is the reason for this picture.  It's in her love of Halloween that I chose this picture that I took this weekend.

My dear friend, Rozi died last night.  Rozi was a woman that was ready to meet Jesus and with that I am confident she is dancing in Heaven.  

Last week when I called to ask what she needed at the hospital, she gave me a list and one of the things was some books.  She knew I loved to read, so I said that's great.  I've got plenty.  She told me to hold my horses, that she didn't want my feel good books, she wanted some mystery, some love, maybe some Sondra Brown.  I laughed and said, "yes mam!"  She got her books and we laughed about it!

I spoke to Rozi everyday whether we debated the politics of the day, the reality tv shows latest castaway, a thought on scripture, even the weather.  I didn't dare ask Rozi a question, unless I really wanted to know her thoughts.  One of the things I loved the most about Rozi was her honesty.  She had a way of telling me truth that I wouldn't take from someone else, but I would from Rozi.  I knew she loved me and she wanted me to be all that God created me to be, so hurt it might, but she was going to tell me truth!

Rozi, I give thanks for our friendship!  I treasure the laughter, I treasure the talks, I treasure the love and I will meet you at the gate one day!

Remember, Proverbs 17:17 always~
A friend loves at all times...

Debbie

2 comments:

DeAndre Johnson said...

So sorry to hear about Rozi! Kelsey and I remember her fondly (along with the rest of our Noel family). We are giving God many thanks and praise for Rozi's life and the indelible mark she left on all of us.

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am sorry for your loss of a precious friend with Rozi's death.