Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas from my home to yours!  The photo is actually of my Christmas table that my sweet friend Kathy so graciously decorated for me.  It's beautiful and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Enjoy this special time of celebrating Jesus coming into this world for each one of us.  Treasure the memories that you make with family and friends.  Each moment is a gift, so celebrate.

As we each celebrate Jesus birth remember the woman that welcomed without hesitation the little one.  His mother, Mary responded to Gabriel with the words, " I am the Lord's servant, May it be to me as you have said."  A young woman that wasn't sure exactly what this meant to her.  Whether it meant she would die, Joseph would leave her, her parents, her friends would all turn away, she simply stated some very profound words.  I am the Lord's servant, May it be to me as you have said.

What is Jesus calling you to do?  Are you going to respond with a willing servant's heart like Mary?

Over the past several days, I have ask the question of different groups and individuals the following.  If you were told right now that something really unbelievable was about to happen to you (such as you were going to have a baby), how would you react?  The groups have been all ages and all types and without a doubt the laughter covered the rooms and then quiet prevailed.  It could happen any moment the unexpected question from Our Savior Will you?  How will you respond? 

It is my prayer that you will see Hope throughout the Christmas celebrations with shouts of joy and so much laughter shared with friends and family and that each of us will say Yes to Our Savior's Calling!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: