Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Really sheep? Yes...we are like sheep!



I love the verse from John 10, "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me and I know the Father..."

I took this photo in Colorado this past summer.  We turned the corner one day and all over the sides of the mountain were sheep and way off in a distance was their shepherd...It took my breath away knowing that indeed Jesus knows us just like this shepherd knows each and everyone of his sheep!  It doesn't matter where one may wonder off to the shepherd knows...the same is so true of us!

Each and every sheep looks a little different.

Does things differently.

Sounds different.

Just like the sheep we are not too smart some times...We are helpless without Our Shepherd.  The scriptures came to life for me watching the sheep and knowing indeed the Shepherd does KNOW each of us and wants to know us intimately.  He pursues us to the great distances until we come to Him!  He desires relationship with us, so that this trip we are on makes more sense to us.  He wants to direct our paths and He wants to take care of us...

I give thanks today that My Father desires to know me more and more...

Check out John 10, Psalm 23, Psalm 78 or Isaiah 40:11 that I love ~ He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young... Isn't that something to give thanks about?  He tends us...He gathers...He carries them close to His Heart and He leads us...YES, indeed let's give thanks!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: