Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crowing about things is foolish!



Proverbs 11 - 13:25

Well, do you know that fool (s) or foolish is mentioned 84 times in Proverbs?  When the word is used it is always in a negative fashion.  It will attribute qualities which are negative, but they are things that a person is able to change.  Change if it is desired...How many of us like change?  Even when we know the thing we need to change is bad for us, we still don't like to change.  Or perhaps you aren't guilty of this and you like change.  Well, good for you!  Sad thing is I'm not sure I believe you I've never met a person that will say I love change!

Reading this morning one of the verses that spoke to me and made me think about myself and others I know and love is this one...
Proverbs 13:16 ~ Wise people think before they act; fools don't-and even brag about their foolishness.

Okay, pause a moment think of everybody you know and yourself  - think of foolish acts that you know of did much thought go in to the action before it took place?  Well the definition of foolish is lack of sense, unwise, lacking forethought.  When I think of myself with times I acted without much thought sometimes "foolish" definitely happened!  Did you then go on to brag about it?  Well, sometimes I did...oops!  Yes, I wasn't very wise!  I don't like to think about times that I crowed like the rooster about a foolish time that turned out okay, but with absolutely no thanks to me.

Do you know what word is used more than double the times of foolish?  Some form of wisdom it is mentioned 184 times.  Being wise thinking before we act or speak is important.  It is important to be wise and think before we act foolish and then crow about it!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: