Monday, May 18, 2015

Sharing THE stories...



Psalm 75.76, 77, and 78

Once upon a time...remember those words when your mom was reading you some of your favorite childhood stories?  I do.  I loved story time and I still do!

Books surround me.  I love books!  Amazon loves me...oh well, that's another story!

Today, reading I was reminded how important it is to share God's story!  In Psalm 78, we are reminded to listen to God's instructions, to open our ears, and how He will teach us these words.  Well, if we aren't reading God's word how is He going to teach us?  I don't know about you, but I am really good for awhile and something will distract me and well I get off track, but God doesn't get distracted!  He wants each of us to know of HIS hope found in Him alone.

We need to know God's Word, because who knows when it might not be where we are able to place it in our hands, or even on our coffee tables...or even in our homes.  We need to know the stories to share with children and other big people too!  Listen to these words found in Psalm 78 beginning in 5

...He commanded our ancestors to teach them to their children.  So the next generation might know them-even the children not yet born-and they in turn will teach their own children.
So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands.
Then they will not be like their ancestors- stubborn, rebellious, and unfaithful, refusing to give their hearts to God.

Share the story today!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: