Sunday, May 17, 2015

Yet I still belong to you...




Psalm 50, 73, 74
Do you ever have a moment when you think will I ever get myself together?  It doesn't matter how old we are...we still mess up!  Now it's a totally another issue, whether we admit it or not...

I found comfort in the Psalm reading this morning from Psalm 73 beginning in verse 21...read this slowly and see if at some point you might have had some of these feelings and then give thanks when you are reminded of who God is and that is what truly matters...

Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside.  I was so foolish and ignorant-
I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my hand.  You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.  Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.  My health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength in my heart;
he is mine forever.

I looked up the original meaning to the word  "hold" in Hebrew that is used here and it so very meaningful.  God takes possession, He grasp, He seizes, He takes care, He is our guardian!  Today, when you face a moment of doubt or less than remember who is holding your hand!  Remember, He is grasping your hand to protect and take care of you even when we have those bitter moments when we are less than we should be...we all have those moments, so admit it and seize His Hand the one that will protect you when you are weak!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: