Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wisdom



Do you remember the quote from Socrates which is "Wisdom begins with wonder"?  Do you agree?  I do!

I remember the day that I spotted this beautiful owl in Oklahoma with Kenny.  When the wings were spread out he or she was huge and beautiful.  Of course, we couldn't get the pic of that, but we did get this one.  He watched us with wonder.  It was really one of those special moments.

I thought of the owl this morning when I read about Solomon asking for wisdom from God.  Out of all the things that Solomon could have ask for he asked for wisdom.  What about you?  What are you asking God for right now?  

I never feel closer to God than when I am totally in wonder with Him or like I refer to WOWED with Him!  The wonder of all that God is really brings me into His arms closer than any other time, Solomon was really a smart man in my opinion about His request...now he forgot to use his wisdom with all those women!  Absolutely no way for that to work...but you know what they say about hindsight being 20/20.

Read the story found In 1 Kings 3:5-15 this morning about Solomon asking for wisdom and ponder what you need to talk to the LORD about or even ask of Him today.  Also, look for the wonder of God today!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: