Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rolling the dice



Do any of you have control issues or is it just me?  I am a lot better than I use to be...but still at times I think I'm in control.  You did catch the word " I think" didn't you?  I know deep down that one phone could change everything and that I don't control anything...

Reading Proverbs 14 - 16:33 this morning reminded me over and over whose in control and well it's not me or you!  It's God.  The quicker we learn this wise fact the better our journey truly is...it's just hard to think we aren't helping Him, isn't it?

Listen to a few that caught my thinker this morning...

Proverbs 16:9 ~  We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.

Proverbs 16:20 ~ Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the LORD will prosper.

Proverbs 16:33 ~ We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall.

I know some of you think differently than I do, but I believe with all my heart that God will do whatever it takes to get our attention.  I also believe He allows us to make our decisions (good or bad) that if we follow Him then He is able to use all of them.  We get to decide ~ it's our free will, but we aren't free without the LORD.  

I know in my own journey the freedom I now know is only because of Jesus absolutely nothing to do with me.  I know that God loves me and will indeed determine exactly how my journey goes.  I find great comfort in allowing God the controls,  even if that means I have to sit in the back seat.  I've learned this peace is indeed like nothing else.  A peace that is only explained through the love of Jesus.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie


No comments: