Friday, June 26, 2015

But...she gave



Hosea 2 - 8

My scripture actually came from the end of yesterday's reading in chapter 2, because it speaks to the whole book and to all of us as well.  (I think and you know what they say everybody's got an opinion so that is part of my opinion)

Hosea 2:8
She doesn't realize it was I who gave her everything she has-
the grain, the new wine, the olive oil;
I even gave her silver and gold.
But she gave all my gifts to Baal.

God's grace is so amazing!  Over and over we act like Gomer continually going back to our old loves.  Whether that is a man, woman, things, tv, food, the list could go on and on as to the things we make number one in our life.  Anything that we place before God could be an idol to us.  Anything...where does He fall on your list?  It would be a good thing (again my opinion) if we checked the list daily to be sure HE is number one.

The story of Gomer always bothers me.  I think how could she continually go back and then I begin to ponder it and then the Holy Spirit speaks to my soul about stuff and it really really bothers me!  

I try to be real with all of you and that is what we each must be with God. Be real after all He already knows and wants us to acknowledge our shortcomings.  (Our sin)  Yes, sin.  We all have it.  Allow God to show your stuff to you.  It's not pretty, but it is healing.

Let the verses above sink in.  God gives us everything...yes everything comes from God, but do we realize it?  Do we give thanks?  

Sorry if I stepped on any one's toes other than my own, but...we must realize our sins!  We are really good at pointing out other people's sins.  Another thought is if we focus on working on our own problems and getting them situated, then the world will clean up from the inside out...Now that is a thought!  Point the finger towards ourselves and let's go from there...

Give thanks to God today for everything and at the top of the list be sure to mention HIS AMAZING GRACE!  Let's give God all of ourselves.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: