Saturday, June 27, 2015

Roar like a lion



Hosea 9 - 13

So many beautiful scriptures in today's reading from Hosea.  God's timing is always one of the things I love so about His amazing love.  All the things happening in the world and at this moment He places me in the book of Hosea.  Thank you Lord for your amazing love and for your perfect timing!

I am reminded of God's love that knows no boundaries.  He is able to love us in spite of us...ALL of us!  

Divisions surround us right now.  Whether you are conservative or liberal, black or white, male or female, southern or other, private vs. public...the list just go on and on and the media just continues to divide and separate all of us.  No longer is it okay to believe different from anyone else or you are separated out and I don't care which side you fall on or on any subject.  It's divide and conquer! Division.  Division.  It's everywhere.   Sadness overwhelms me, but then I pick up God's amazing Words and I'm reminded HE wins, but most of all HE LOVES ALL OF US!

Hosea 11:10 - 11
For someday the people will follow me.  I, the LORD, will roar like a lion.  And when I roar, my people will return trembling from the west.  Like a flock of birds, they will come from Egypt.  Trembling like doves, they will return from Assyria,  And I will bring them home again." says the LORD.

God is in control!  He knows all the answers, none of us do.  Trust and believe in Him!  Keep your eyes on Him.  He doesn't care, if you are conservative or liberal, or any of the  other stuff; He cares because we are all HIS CHILDREN.

Listen to this from Hosea 14: 4
The LORD says, Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever.  I will be to Israel like a refreshing dew from heaven.  Israel will blossom like the lily; it will send roots deep into the soil like the cedars in Lebanon.

8...I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you.  I am like a tree that is always green; all your fruits come from me.  Let those who are wise understand these things.  Let those with discernment listen carefully.  The paths of the LORD are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them.  But in those paths sinners stumble and fall.

We are all sinners!  Whatever words you use to describe yourself sinner should be among them.  WE all need to recognize that only because of God's amazing love are any of us saved.  

Several years ago now, I know the Lord spoke to me about the divisions in this world.  All the walls we the people were and are building and how they needed to come down.  Journey of Sisters started because of these words from the Lord.  I still believe with all my heart the message is still the same.  We are each unique.  We are each special.  We are each loved.  We are all children of God, but He made each of us to think and make choices for ourselves.  We must all choose Him.  We must all make choices that we believe are following His instructions.  We may interpret them differently, but each of us are to still love each other.  Political correctness is destroying our country.  We are suppose to love in spite of whether we believe the same way or not.  Walls are suppose to come down...

I may not believe the way you believe, but it doesn't mean that I have no compassion.  It doesn't mean that I can't still love you and I pray that the same is true towards me.  Let's practice showing love, understanding, and compassion in spite of what the world is teaching!  Let's follow Jesus by loving, reaching out to all people, and believing that indeed He provides the Way.

The last verse was so meaningful to me this morning that I shared above...we are all sinners, so we all stumble and fall.  The only way to accept others is to know in your heart that indeed we all fit in the same category together!

Father, please be with us as we stumble and open our hearts to show kindness, love, and understanding.  We love you and because of your amazing love all of this can indeed happen.  Amen

Sweet blessings,
Debbie



No comments: