Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What are you seeking?



Do you remember playing hiding and seek?  I do.  I remember that if it took to long I would peek out and be sure they were still looking for me!  I didn't want to stay lost.  What about you?

Conversation after conversation right now talks about all the terrible things happening around us.  Nobody seems to understand and yet deep down I think we do.  God is talking and He is seeking, but are we hiding?  
Reading this morning from 2 Chronicles 15: 1-19 these verses struck a chord with things happening right now.  
Listen all you people of Judah and Benjamin!  The Lord will stay with you as long as you stay with him!  Whenever you seek him, you will find him.  But if you abandon him, he will abandon you.

As long as we stay with Him, He is with us.  Look around do you think we are staying with Him?  Are we staying with His teachings?  Are we staying with His desires or is it more about our own desires?  I'm not pointing fingers I'm as guilty as the next, but we as a whole are all about me, me, and more me.  Think about it don't you think as a whole ME is the key word?

Today, let's turn this around and Seek the LORD.  Let's don't hide from the LORD and do our own thing.  Let's stay with the LORD.  We will find HIM and all we have to do is be secure and know that this is true.

Let's don't stay lost ~ let's peek out and look for the LORD today and always!

Let's play a little hide and seek and stay in the LORD today and forever!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: