Saturday, June 20, 2015

I don't want to



2 Kings 14 - 15, 2 Chronicles 25 - 26, Jonah 1 -4

Distasteful!  You just don't want to do it!  You refuse!  Ever been there?  I know giving medicine to my puppies is just like this picture...no I'm not doing it!  I don't care, it's just not happening mom!

Okay, how many times have you known in your life that you were suppose to do something and didn't?  You acted a little bit like Jonah and ran the opposite direction just as fast as your two feet would take you?  I admit it, I've done it.  I also admit that I wasn't tossed overboard into the belly of a whale, but I could have been.  It doesn't work out so well when we don't obey, does it?  

Think about your own experiences.  Did it work out well?  I know God uses those experiences as well, but did it really work as well as if we had just done what God desired in the beginning?

Does it make you mad like it did Jonah?  I mean seriously sometimes God calls us to serve in a place or area that well we don't really want to.  We are a little bit like Jonah and we take our judgments with us and think we know best...that's where we get into a trouble.  We think we know best.  

I loved God's words in Jonah 4:11 - But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals.  Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?  God cares for all the people that are in darkness and so should we!  God's ways are not our ways!

Jonah knew who God was!  He knew God would save these people he blamed for terrible things in his own journey, but God knew the whole story!  He knew the whole picture and we must trust and believe in God's ways!  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: