Sunday, June 21, 2015

Come back to me and live!



Amos 1 - 5:17

Reading this morning, I was reminded how important relationship with Our Father truly is...

It doesn't take a lot for all of us or any of us to get off course.  Terrible things happening, terrible diseases, terrible choices and it looks bad, but what do you do?

Well, it  may sound corny, but it is truth!  Come back to me and live!  Amos was sharing about all the terrible things happening around him and what was happening and then in chapter 5 he sang what he called a funeral song, but it was to remind the people of who God truly is ~
It is the LORD who created the stars, the Pleiades and Orion.
He turns darkness into morning and day into night.
He draws water up from the oceans and pours it down as rain on the land.
The LORD is his name!

Take the time to read this for yourself.  I know this is true.  I share my own journey examples in hopes it helps you. When I keep my eyes focused on things of this world my world looses a little bit of the sparkle. Darkness is able to come in, which means the devil gets busy.  He works crouching in darkness to pounce on us.  The moment I turn my eyes back to the Lord the sparkles are back!  God didn't go anywhere, but I did.  The world is filled with darkness, but God is light.  Cling to the light.

I know a lot of folks, don't like to think of the devil.  We must know he is working.  We don't have to be afraid.  We have to be aware and know in Our Hearts, in Our Lives, in Our Heads who truly wins this battle and it IS OUR SAVIOR.  We must claim it and believe it without a doubt!  It kills the darkness!

My life changed when my relationship with the LORD grew closer to Him!  I grew stronger because of Him.  I was afraid, because I wasn't where I needed to be with Him.  Our journey is so much better when we Hold His Hand to get through each day!  I share this because I know it to be true!  I've lived it and still do!

Terrible things surround us, but we are challenged in this book to Come back to me and live!  Indeed, come back and get your sparkle on!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: