Sunday, October 18, 2015

Narrow door



Luke 13:22-30

Well, today I am focusing on this part of the reading...the part about this scripture ~
Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?"  He replied, "Work hard to enter, the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail.  When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late.  You will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Lord, open the door for us!  But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

Tough words, but words from Jesus.  Words telling us that the door will be narrow it will not be wide and everyone will not be walking through.  We need to know the Lord.  We need to spend time with Him.  

I believe in God's Word.

Many will try to enter, but fail is very powerful.  Also, check out John 10: 1- 21 with the writing about the Good Shepherd and His Sheep.  I love this verse ~ ...and they follow him because they know his voice.  Also, My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.  I am the good shepherd.  The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.  Another, I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father.

Really the verses all speak volumes.  Volumes that we need to be turning the volume up on!

We need to know Jesus!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: