Monday, August 24, 2009

Desire


Jeremiah 32:40

I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me.

Have you ever yearned so much for something it was beyond what you can even describe? God places in our hearts a desire for him that we don't even understand or comprehend.

We think things or people will take care of this longing, but nothing will feel this desire other than Our Father. Listen to the words of C. S. Lewis~

"C.S. Lewis gave us the following insight: Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition, when infinite joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in the slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased. 

Michael Horton, Editor, The Agony of Deceit, 1990, Moody Press, p. 49.

I thought these words described so the scripture above. We don't even comprehend what God wants to give us, if we would just go to Him the longing will be filled and overflowing!

Desire for more of My Father,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, thank you for pouring out your heart with us. God has given you a heart to share what He is showing you and we are blessed.

I will be pondering on that statement by C.S.Lewis, "We are far too easily pleased." It leads me to ask myself, "Frankie, are you too easily pleased?"

Praying that I will fill my heart today with more of the One who created me.