Saturday, August 29, 2009

Let’s pretend…

Ezekiel 33:31-32

So my people come pretending to be sincere and sit before you. They listen to your words, but they have no intention of doing what you say. Their mouths are full of lustful words, and their hearts seek only after money. You are very entertaining to them, like someone who sings love songs with a beautiful voice or plays fine music on an instrument. They hear what you say, but they don't act on it!


 

Remember growing up, did you pretend to be a teacher and play classroom? Did you pretend to be a mommy? Did you have big dreams and you were President?


 

I did! Every one of the ones listed above I dreamed that I would do them. I was sincere with each dream, but they were just a dream for me. I remember even entering Centenary and listening to the professors talk about teaching and I heard what they said, but it wasn't in my heart. I pretended it was…I tried to make it happen, but it wasn't for me. The President Thing well I just plain outgrew that one. (I search my heart with the question of why would anyone want that job)


 

Every, day someone might be telling me something that I really need to hear, but I don't always hear it. I know sometimes I pretend that I hear what someone is sharing, but my mind is a thousand different places. Our actions will show, if we hear, learn and act on what The Lord might be telling each of us. What are yours saying to those around you? Are you pretending? Am I pretending?

Let's act on what God tells us to do. He gives us direction daily with the instruction book he gave each of us. The map that is in your hand. The person he had take the seat beside you and share a story that spoke to exactly what God placed on your heart, but do you hear the words? You just ask God about something and He clearly gives you the answer, but do you see it?

Listening and looking for answers,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

What "pretenders" we can be and the Lord knows us so well. He calls us out right there in that verse. Lord, I don't want to be a pretender, please change me.