Friday, August 14, 2009

No other


Jeremiah 51:19

But the God of Israel is no idol!

He is the Creator of everything that exists, including his people, his own special possession. The Lord of Heaven's Armies is his name!


 

Stuff, stuff and more stuff will never fill the empty hole in our beings…No idol can help us…no the only thing that will fill our empty beings is The Lord. I dug deep into this verse and it was special because it talks about God's reputation and what more do we need? When you think about reputation and people and how important it is and then you think about God ~ well, duh…what more do we need?

The last few days over and over God is talking to the people in Israel about how He is going to destroy them and when are they going to listen….I think He is saying the same thing to us today…When are we going to listen? We are God's ~ He created us ~ we are His inheritance and yet He does all of this and then once again it is our choice to pick Him….Free Will

Father, forgive me the times that I don't pick you. You are my creator and my Father and I ask you to forgive me and make me new. I am yours to use with every step I take. Amen.

Loving My Father,

Debbie

No comments: