Sunday, August 30, 2009

Freedom


Ezekiel 34: 26 – 27

There will be showers of blessing. ..When I have broken their chains of slavery and rescued them from those who enslaved them, then they will know that I am the LORD.


 

Have you ever experienced a time in your life that you felt like you were being showered with blessings? It is the most amazing experience I've ever felt and it was definitely God breaking my chains from the things in my life that were holding me jailed.

I experienced showers of blessings after realizing that the pain of not experiencing motherhood was okay. When God finally showed me through His Word, the reason for my not having children He rewarded me so deeply. I have had the most amazing relationship with My Savior. I know in my heart without the pain, I might not have had this blessing.

Isn't it sad, that it takes a difficult time for so many of us to grow our relationship with God? I know it is common and that this is the way that God grows us, but in the past few years I've realized how much I missed before the search began for the reason for the pain in my heart.

I missed Him working in my life every day. Every day I look for God now and it is amazing, how He shows up! I love to tell friends look for God today…it may be a simple thing or it may be a difficult day, but look for Him. He is there; we just forget to look for Him.

He does break our chains of addictions, sickness, expectations, all the things that keep us in slavery. At this point, we definitely realize that He is the LORD! We have no other explanation only The LORD that can break these chains in our journey!

Free at Last,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, looking for God to amaze me today and the next day. Thanks for the reminder!