Sunday, February 6, 2011

Help fight the good fight!



Super Bowl Sunday! I love football. I grew up watching games every weekend with my daddy and loved our time together. We shouted, we yelled, we screamed and we laughed and shared this time together! We still talk our football.

Today, reading in Exodus 17 about Israel defeating the Amalekites I was struck with teamwork it took to win! Yes, teamwork! Do we Christians not realize that it takes each and everyone of us to defeat the enemy? I sit in amazement at times how quickly we shoot one another down with our individual, then denomination issues when in reality it is about God's Kingdom! Yes, GOD'S KINGDOM! Not Debbie's, Not yours, Not anybody else's GOD'S!

I struggle with this daily and the divisions we build between each other and today God spoke so clearly to me...look Joshua goes to the battlefield, Moses goes on the nearby hill and prays. When Moses arms tire, Aaron and Hur are there to help hold them up to fight the battle. Did Joshua fight alone? No! Did Moses pray alone? No!

After the battle, Moses and Joshua didn't build altars to build themselves up - no they built an altar to celebrate God. The altar was named "The Lord is my banner". What does our banner say? Does it shout the Lord is my banner? Do we realize that it takes all of us together to fight the enemy? God will win the battle, but whose team are we on? Are we helping each other to help God build His Kingdom?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer special - The Pacific area - Pray for churches in the Pacific area. Christianity is on the decline in this part of the world. Pray for a revival in the Pacific! Continue prayers for Egypt.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Whose team am I on? If I am not helping to build the Kingdom of God, whose team am I on? Something to think about.

I was thinking on Jethro, Moses father-in-law. He was the priest of Midian. What kind of priest? The Israelites were slaves in Egypt.

As I read on in Exodus 18:11, Jethro says, "I know now that the LORD is greaater than all other gods, because he rescued his people from the oppression of the proud Egyptians." I don't think Jethro was a priest of the God of Moses in Midian. Maybe after his visit with Moses he became a follower.