Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Now you will see!



Today, reading at the end of Exodus 5 the words, "Why have you brought all this trouble on your own people, Lord? Why did you send me?" It hit me once again how we want everything to be in our timing and not God's! It hasn't changed in all of these years if it doesn't happen when we desire it then we shout WHY LORD and demand answers.

In the Matthew Henry commentary it stated God silenced Moses complaints - I bet He did! I picture this loud voice saying "NOW you will see what I will do to the Pharaoh. Moses was expecting, but now he was going to see it with his own eyes along with the rest of the people. God reminded Moses who exactly He is...I am Jehovah, the same as I am Yahweh - the LORD, I am God Almighty...I am all you need in other words!

The lines of who God was would be clear no longer blurred to the Pharaoh or to God's own people - God would make it clear! Doesn't He make it clear to us too?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special - Continue to pray for Egypt for a peaceful end to the protests.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

We forget that everything takes place in God's timing. I am guilty of that for sure. I left my Bible up at the hospital today, but I remember writing in the margin "God's timing" this morning. This is probably the same scripture you are talking about in Exodus 5.

I thought it was pretty cool how God reveals His name in Exodus.