Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I will meet with you there...


I loved the picture and knew immediately it was the one i wanted for today's writing! When I saw it immediately I was struck with this young girl with God's word and how He meets each of us in His Word! All we have to do is pick it up and open it up and read!

Oh, I wish I would have gotten it so much earlier, but I know it is all in God's timing! Today, what struck me in the reading was God and details. Details are very important to God and he wants obedience in following His details. Another point and the one that I want to write about is God plans to meet with each of us. He even planned where He would meet with Moses just like He does with us. One commentary stated our hearts are the meeting place today for God to reside with us! He plans every detail for us to be taken care of by Him. It is just a matter of whether we follow His plans or take our own course of action. Even when we take the other course He still maintains a plan to take us back into His loving arms of forgiveness! God loves us soooo much!

Where do you plan to meet with God today? Do you have your own special place and time? If not, set one up. A place that only the two of you meet and share.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer special - Today we will pray for the people and country of Afghanistan. We start the prayers for individual countries today from the Operation World prayer book. Challenges to pray about in Afghanistan include the present political situation, poverty, drugs, recovery and rebuilding of the country, removal of the taliban, prayer for our soldiers that are still in this country. Also, a new generation of Afghans over 60% are under the age of 21 and know nothing but war. Up to 4.5 million have returned after fleeing the country when it was under the Taliban rule. They need prayers of opportunities for education and employment.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Those were some good questions that you had for us to think on today about meeting with God.

There were a couple of scriptures that stood out to me this morning. In Exodus 25:9, God told Moses, "You must build this Tabernacle and its furnishings exactly according to the pattern I will SHOW you." And again in Exodus 27:8, "Build it just as you were SHOWN on the mountain."

What did Moses see? Did he see the Tabernacle that is in Heaven? It doesn't say, according to what I tell you or that I told on the mountain. Just a thought I was pondering on.