Thursday, February 10, 2011

Written by Finger of God


In writing the blog the picture is always very important to me. I want the right picture everyday and when the topic is the Finger of God it's difficult to find the right picture. Today, is a picture of an actual place in Nambia "called the finger of God". I loved it because it was a natural stone setting that did look like it was God made and possibly His finger in mind!

Imagine, the first writing was God! The letters were actually cut into that stone by God. In all I could find this is the first record of anything actually written down. No great letters existed before this point in history to claim otherwise and it is the first mention of writing. One commentator mentioned that Moses was trained in Egyptian things, but writings were not mentioned, so it is the most popular held belief that God began the writing right here with the commandments. One commentator stated that before this it was written on man's heart. It bothered me that it wasn't good enough for humans just to be written on our hearts it had to be written down for us to see. I guess that is why we like visuals, but it bothers me. Why do we want God to over and over proof himself...we see it over and over in His Word, and think about your own walk is it any different for you?

God wrote these tablets. Imagine Moses and holding those in his hands looking at them knowing God took the time to write down everything for His people. Wow, and then further wow when we know what happens in tomorrow's reading...if you don't hold on to what Moses does with these tablets!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special - Today we pray for the country of Albania that is a mountaneous Balkan state located in Europe. Once under communist rule, very athiest state. The religious climate is hazy today with mostly over 70% Muslim. Pray for the people and country of Albania today!

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, the picture that you selected today is a good visual to me for the "the finger of God."

The thought that this is the first writing is interesting to me. I would have thought that the Egyptians were already writing. Yet, Scripture says in Revelation 21:6, He said to me, "It is done, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." He is the Beginning and the End!

Like you said, imagine that the first writing was from God. Wow!