Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sacred or Common?


Leviticus 9 - 11

Easy reading is not how I would describe Leviticus.  It does work on making ones tummy tougher at times, along with trying to understand difficult situations that God disciplines.  I've realized over the years that I've read this section of the Bible it's not about me understanding it is about trusting God.  I don't have to understand I just trust God knowing He alone is the great I Am and I don't determine whether something is right or not!

Again, this morning He reminded me that we are to look different.  We are to act different and if we don't then discipline may follow.  The words that grasp my attention this morning were ~ "You must distinguish between what is sacred and what is common" .

We are to be set apart.  When you think of sacred and common they just don't go even in the same sentence, do they?  Definitely, different.  Definitely, set apart.

It's pretty plain that God expects us to have a different look!  We aren't suppose to be common, because He  looks different.  It's not us, it's HIM!  He is sacred and because of Him, we are not common!

He makes us special!


No comments: