Sunday, June 27, 2010

Appointment with The Great Physician Please!


Hosea 14: 1-9

Please read this passage on your own today. I'm not going to pick a particular verse, I want to talk about the whole section, so please read it and listen.

Repent and be healed!

So, do we repent? If so, this is what will happen…

In verse 3, we are told Gold will heal us of our faithlessness. He will heal us all of our wounds and spiritual disease. Sounds good to me! One commentary stated that God will heal our backsliding, that He looks at it like a disease not a crime. He is our Doctor and we are His patient!

My love knows no bounds...He loves us freely one commentary stated utterly and beneficial, supremely happy with delight. Now I don't know about you, but this sounds fabulous! It amazes me that God loves us so much that He freely, utterly loves us. We are flawed, but He loves us! Thank you LORD!

God will be like refreshing dew from heaven. We need to remember that they were in a dry land and that dew represented preservation of life and being refreshed. Oh, what a beautiful metaphor. We are refreshed by God. Growth will happen.

We will bloom like a lily. – We will have beauty.

Send roots deep into the soil. We will have strength from God.

When you picture grain, you don't think about something growing from it, do you? Well, the same is true of us. We might look at each other and wonder, but God knows that He is capable of growing something from each and every one of us! He is the Physician, He is the Creator, He is God!

Wow, what a beautiful scripture passage this morning! One of forgiveness from a Father that loves each of us, utterly and freely that wants nothing more than for each of us to blossom into the creation that He sees when He looks at us! Thank you Father for your amazing love and grace! Thank you for loving me without bounds, for allowing me to blossom and grow. Thank you for the strength to face each new day, because I know that You are with me holding my hand and reminding me that You are My Savior and Friend!

Forgiven,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, a couple of chapters before the one that you asked us to read, God pours out His anger against Israel before He speaks of healing for them. It seemed as I read, that He just had some things to get off of His chest, so to speak. Then The Lord spoke so merciful saying...My love knows no bounds....

I put my name into verse 8, O Frankie stay away from idols! I AM the one who answers your prayers and cares for you. I AM like a tree that is always green: all your fruit comes from me.

The reading from Hosea today was sad yet very beautiful!