Friday, June 25, 2010

Don’t Shut the Door!


2 Chronicles 28:24

The king took the various articles from the Temple of God and broke them into pieces. He shut the doors of the LORD'S Temple so no one could worship there, and he set up altars to pagan gods in every corner of Jerusalem.

Trouble is coming! Why is this so hard for us to still get?

It saddens me, when I read this scripture that the doors were shut on the Temple! One would have to know that bad things are going to happen, when no one could go into the Temple of God to worship Him. The same is true today.

The Lord compares the people to a prostitute because they worship other gods. I don't know about you, but I don't like this comparison. The charge of unfaithfulness to God truly got me to thinking about us. What do we (today's world) place before Him?

I think we will make a list of a few things that might get placed before God and let me know if you agree or what other ones you might think of ~

Money, Status, Opposite Sex, MORE of everything, gossip, drinking, smoking, gambling, food, television, computer, other people, work, ….Do you agree that anything that we take to the furthest degree and it becomes so important that we can think of nothing else, means we are placing it before God? We don't realize it at first, we just get caught up in it and before we know it …oops #1 in our life. #1 in our priorities. #1 in everything! We lose focus of God and it is placed on the object that we placed before God!

Oh, I'm not pointing any fingers here. I know when I have lost sight and God fell behind something else. I begged forgiveness and still do when I realize I've lost my focus on God! When I read this verse from Hosea 2: 13 it saddened my heart so much … I will punish her for all those times when she burned incense to her images of Baal,
when she put on her earrings and jewels and went out to look for her lovers but forgot all about me," says the Lord. I am sad even writing it and if it hurts me like this, I only image how much we hurt God. Yes, I know He is a Big God, Bigger and More Wonderful than our little minds can fathom, but still He loves us more than anything and over and over we turn to something or someone else before Him!

Don't shut the doors on Him today or any other day! Open them wide and keep your eyes firmly focused on Him! We Love You LORD!

Begging, Forgiveness for the times I shut the door,

Debbie

No comments: