Monday, June 14, 2010

Fully committed?


2 Chronicles 20:33

…the people never fully committed themselves to follow the God of their ancestors.

Isn't it hard to make a decision sometimes? What comes to my mind is testing water before you get in the pool or ocean. Some gently put their toe in the water to test, others run full ahead and jump right in without hesitation and then their others that stand back and are satisfied just to look at the water and wonder what it is like…

Our faith is like that…we have some that want all the triune, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit give to us. Others are in a state of fear of what may change about them and aren't sure they want the change and then we have the ones that will dip their toes in, but have a little doubt about letting go of the control and allowing the Water to take over. Portions of your heart are given, but others are in an area of no trespassing.

The reading of this Mighty Word indeed enticed me to run and jump right in without hesitation, but not until…I've had to build my trust through reading His Words. To read about His Mighty Love for me, to stand in awe of how much He did and does for each of us daily…even when we mess up! So I guess my question today and food for thought is are you willing to fully commit to God? Are you ready to run full ahead into the Water of Life?

Enjoying the water,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I think we can go through life thinking that we have fully committed to the Lord and maybe we haven't. I am guilty. Wondering what I am afraid will change?