Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Step Out


Proverbs 20:24

The LORD directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Are you like me in that you like to calendar and have a plan for everyday? How do you react to changes in the plan?

Well, I'm getting better at not totally falling apart. I love to mark off my calendar when I have achieved the latest event, attended the latest meeting, etc. It is like a sign that I have made it! It is my own little system of proving my day matters. Any of you guilty of this control feature in your mind?

Recently, I've discovered I don't exist because of my calendar! It has been so freeing. Now don't get me wrong I still calendar, but it's when something is rearranged on the calendar its okay! I've finally realized that when God changes my calendar it usually means something better is in store for me. It may not be right away…it may be months down the road, but it is part of the plan.

I love the picture today because it is an example of our steps all leading to God's desires for our steps. I've finally learned I don't need to understand the next step; I just have to willing to take it. I urge all of you just take it. Step out in faith and let the LORD direct your path it is an amazing staircase that He takes on.

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am praying for more faith to allow the Lord to direct my path each day.