Friday, June 4, 2010

The Pain of Night


Song of Songs 3:1 -4

 1 One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover.
      I yearned for him, but he did not come.
 
2 So I said to myself, "I will get up and roam the city,
      searching in all its streets and squares.
   I will search for the one I love."
      So I searched everywhere but did not find him.
 
3 The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds,
      and I asked, "Have you seen the one I love?"
 
4 Then scarcely had I left them
      when I found my love!
   I caught and held him tightly,
      then I brought him to my mother's house,
      into my mother's bed, where I had been conceived

Night is sometimes a very lonely time. When you are worried, ill, full of thoughts have you ever noticed how long the night seems to be?

I remember when I was suffering with endometriosis and I would be up all night with the pain from my back all the way down through my legs and I would cry out why? The quiet and truly the being alone in the dark is like no other. I felt so alone. I remember going to the Doctor and they would be so matter of fact, if you want to have a baby this is the way it will be and they would hand me another pill.

Finally, I began to go the Lord during these nights and talk to Him about why this was happening. I remember one night the pain had gone on long enough and it was as though the Lord told me call the doctor make the appointment and move past this pain. Let go of the pain Debbie.

The scriptures above are exactly what I was doing during this process I was searching and wandering looking for answers. The whole time the Lord was with me just waiting on me to call on Him. We always search for answers in all the wrong places. Do you remember the song about looking for love in all the wrong places? Indeed, we look for love, we look for answers, we look for peace and all we need to do is cry out LORD, you are the answer. The Lord doesn't hide, we just don't call on Him.

Don't you know exactly the feeling of the end of verse 4…I caught and held him tightly…Grab tight and don't let go and find the peace, find the answer, find the love that only He is capable of giving!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I wondered this morning as I read, what you would write about from the Song of Solomon? You have shared your tossing and turning in the night. We can relate. Maybe not with the same probblem, but with something else that has kept us tossing and turning. You are right. The night can be so long and so lonely. Next time, may I grab hold of the Lord and hold on tightly.