Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God IS HUGE!


Isaiah 66:1- 2

This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that? Could you build me such a resting place? My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the LORD have spoken!

Fascinated with these verses again this year and imagining these verses. God is huge! Why do we think we could build anything to contain our Big God?

The Heavens are where God's majesty is shown; the earth is subject to Him and below Him. How do we think we could make anything for this Immense Being?

I have often struggled trying to put God into my world. I try to understand Him in this world and that is the problem. He is not of this world. He is more than I can possibly imagine, but yet I can't seem to let go of trying to figure God out. How do I think I could ever figure Him out? We think we need to know everything and we never will. After all, God is God and we are below Him and subject to Him. All we need to do is have faith in Him and know that He is Huge and handles everything for us!

I love this visual of How Big God is and the reminder of our place. God is Our Creator along with everything else, and we are His! Doesn't this give you great comfort? It does me! I am His!

Today, look around you and give thanks to God the Creator of All! Look at the animals and think how God made each one. Look at your friends at work and know that He made them as well, even when they get on your last nerve. Remember that we are all, yes, ALL HIS. We were all made by His Hands and by His Design!

Wow, I love these scriptures! It is such a comfort knowing that God is So Big! Thanks God for being way bigger than I can ever grasp!

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I love that verse! Heaven is His throne and the earth is His footstool. I wrote out to the side of that scripture, "Our God is bigger than I can imagine."

I agree with you in that as much as we try to figure God out or understand His ways,our little minds fail to do so. But I think that in trying to do so that is how we seek Him with our whole heart and mind as we ponder His greatness.

I was kind of sad to see that we finished Isaiah today. But I also look forward to what new truths await us as we read on.