Saturday, July 10, 2010

“Samuch Libbo”


Psalm 112

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Yes, indeed!

How joyful are those who fear the LORD and delight in obeying his commands. Truth from this verse is so true. The more one loves and fears the Lord the more we are obedient to the Lord. The more we grow in relationship with the Lord, this becomes so powerful. We strive to please, we strive to do the right thing, we strive to be loyal to His commands and ways!

I love this Psalm! I love the praise and the verses about why we are full of praise. In verse 4, we are reminded that when bad stuff happens God lifts us up in the Light and that all of it will work for His good. So true, I know He seems to always carry me through those difficult times. I will get through something and look back and wonder how did I do that…and then the Spirit reminds me that I didn't God did! I am reminded of the footprints saying about one set of footprints, because God is carrying us through the hard times!

Reading on getting to verse 8, we are reminded we are able to face our enemies and win! When I was studying this Psalm, the Adam Clark commentary stated that "our heart is established "samuch libbo" which means the heart is propped up by the strength of the maker! Or He buttressed it up! I love it! Our heart is taken care of by God. He is propping it up for us! He is taking care and making it stronger to face our enemy! Hallelujah! Amen! I don't need to write about anything else, or think about anything else today other than God is giving my heart the strength of Him! WOW! God is Mighty and Good!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

3 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, the Psalms we read today were so uplifting!

Interesting-what you shared with us about the meaning of "our heart is established". There is so much to know about our God.

From Psalm 113, I loved verses 5-6. "Who can be compared with the Lord our God, who is enthroned on high? He stoops to look down on heaven and on earth." My mind just does not get what a big God we have. Can you picture Him stooping down to look at heaven and earth? There is none like Him.

PRAISE THE LORD!

debbie said...

I loved that one too! I was down to these two to write about and went with our heart...I loved the imagery of God stooping to look at heaven and earth...Awesome..He is soooo big we just can't grasp it!!!

debbie said...

I loved that one too! I was down to these two to write about and went with our heart...I loved the imagery of God stooping to look at heaven and earth...Awesome..He is soooo big we just can't grasp it!!!