Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Special words from Isaiah…


The readings have been so wonderful from Isaiah. Today, I was touched by Isaiah 58:11, The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Think about your life, isn't this true? When you reach a parched, dry, ugly place in your life doesn't God provide what you need? Doesn't He lead you into a beautiful garden from the ugly desert places of your life? I love this verse! It is so true!

Another verse that was special today was Isaiah 61:1 ~

He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. The Messiah came so that our eyes would be opened and to free those among us that are bruised and battered. One of the commentaries called it "the most complete opening." Indeed, we are complete when we accept Jesus! Another commentary called it a double opening..either way it is good news indeed.

One more today, was Isaiah 62:3 –

The LORD will hold you in his hand for all to see-a splendid crown in the hand of God. The commentaries told me that we are under God's protection we are in His hand at the same time we are a crown of glory to Him. Yes LORD! Thank YOU LORD for holding me in Your Mighty Hand!

I want to close on something that I found that was a surprise. In Isaiah 58:9…Remove the heavy yoke of oppression. Stop pointing your finger and spreading vicious rumors! The verse caught my attention at first because of how quick this happens even today. Our political parties, our different denominations, the list goes on and on and we haven't even mentioned press yet! Anyway, I looked this up and do you know what I discovered? This was called the finger of scorn. The Romans used the middle finger much like people do today when angered, but they used it towards Godly men and women. So, this is where this sign language started with the Romans. So, I guess we used the saying when in Rome do as the Romans do. I saw someone use that on the road the other day, guess she thought she was in Rome.

God thank you for Your WORDS, Your LOVE, and Your FORGIVENESS!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I have been struck by how much I am enjoying the reading from Isaiah.

It is cool to see how often our Savior, Jesus is pointed to in Isaiah.