Friday, July 31, 2015

At the crossroads...



Jeremiah 5:20 - 6, 2 Kings 22:3 - 20, 2 Chronicles 34:8 -28

We all come to a point in life where we must decide which path we follow.  Sometimes, they look close, but just a little different.  So, which do you follow?

Today, the reading was a reminder that we need to know our path and what God's Word truly says! 
In Jeremiah 6 these words spoke to my soul ~
"Stop at the crossroads and look around.
Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.

The LORD says these words.  We each must stop and look for His Way and Walk in it.  What if we aren't sure what His Way looks like?  Well, His Words show the path to follow.  Simple enough right?  Not exactly turn to the passage in 2 Kings.  King Josiah sent the court secretary to the Temple to have the high priest count the money to make repairs in the Temple.  When he did this the high priest told the court secretary that he had found the Book of the Law in the Temple!  Imagine the scene...use your imagination..God's Word was lost in the Temple!  The Word was in the temple, but it was lost...let that sink in a moment.

Today, often times we go to our church home and God's Word is still lost.  It is picked apart to fit our needs...it's lost in the temple!  WE aren't allowed to pick and choose the parts that we like and the parts we don't like.  God's Word hits me between the eyes daily, but I need it to point out my sin.  I don't want to get lost in my sin. And if I'm not allowing His Words to correct me then how will I know which crossroads to pick?

I implore each of you today and everyday read God's Word.  Know God's Word, don't allow others to tell you what it says or doesn't say and that includes me.  Read it and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to your soul.  Allow God to do the teaching by spending time with Him in His Words.

Look at Jeremiah again at the last part of verse 6...do you need rest?  Real rest for your soul?  Well, to know this peace we must be resting in God's Words and allowing Him to point us on the correct path.  

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: