Thursday, July 23, 2015

Look up!



Isaiah 40 - 44:5

I forget at home in Louisiana how many stars are really in the sky.  Walk outside here and I'm reminded of how many and how much the night lights brighten up our surroundings.  It really is a surprise, because with all of our lighting at home with street lights, home lights, building lights, car lights,...the list goes on and on we don't really know darkness anymore and we can't appreciate God's creation of the night stars.

Do you know that in our galaxy alone we have over 200 billion stars?  Did you know that there are over 100 billion to trillion other galaxies?  I don't know why it said billion to trillion other than they don't really know how many!  God is so much more than we can truly imagine!  Take comfort in that fact!

Today, in Isaiah I was touched by so many of the verses.
Isaiah 40:26 -31
Look up into the heavens.
Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another, 
calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
not a single day is missing.
O Jacob, how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles?
O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak 
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Wow!  Do you want to soar like an eagle?  I do!  Do you know that an eagle can fly up to 10000' in speeds up to 35 mph?  Wow, once again!  God is so amazing!

So many today...provide tremendous hope and love!
Isaiah 43:10-13
...There is no other God-
there never has been, and there never will be.
I, yes I, am the LORD,
and there is no other Savior.
First I predicted your rescue,
then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world.
No foreign god has ever done this.
You are witnesses that I am God.
No one can snatch anyone out of my hand.
No one can undo what I have done.

What little g god are you holding on to?  Is it someone?  Is it some habit?  Is it your job?  The list goes on and on  with idols that we place before God.  We all do it at different points in our journey and we need to remember who truly is GOD!

In closing, I am going to use God's Words found in 44:5 at the end of our reading today
Some will proudly claim, 'I belong to the LORD.'
Others will say, 'I am a descendant of Jacob.
Some will write the LORD's name on their hands and
will take the name of Israel as their own."

What do you proclaim?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: