Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I will wipe away





2 Kings 21 - 22:1-2, 2 Chronicles 33 - 34:7, Jeremiah 1 - 2:22

It was sad reading today!  Over and over the leaders and the people did what was evil in the sight of the LORD.  They knew, but they still did what was evil in the sight of the LORD.

When I got to verse 13 in 2 Kings 21 it struck a chord with me.  
I will judge Jerusalem by the same standard I used for Samaria and the same measure I used for the family of Ahab.  I will wipe away the people of Jerusalem as one wipes a dish and turns it upside down.  
Now ladies and gents (that do dishes)  do you know how you scour a dirty dish?  You scrub hard over and over to remove the dirt and grime, don't you?  Well, that is what God did and will do again when necessary.  WE don't leave dishes dirty and God cares way more about each of us than we do about our dirty dishes!  Thank you LORD that you don't leave us dirty!

Today, when you clean up a dish.  Be reminded that the LORD loves us way too much to leave us dirty in the sink of life.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: