Saturday, July 25, 2015

Trust

Isaiah 48:12 - 52:12

Reading Isaiah reminds me just who God truly is and how much He loves all of us!  He reminds us through each verse of both!  He disciplines with love, He reminds us constantly who He is and what He has done for each of us and that He doesn't give up on us!  

I've read Isaiah many times, but it is truly touching my soul this time around.  I believe because of the things happening in the world with all the turmoil and bad things and at the same time I am being reminded of  who God is...He reassures us over and over of His love by showing how He stands by us.

Listen to these words from chapter 51 ~
Listen to me, all who hope for deliverance-
all who seek the LORD!
Consider the rock from which you were cut,
the quarry from which you were minded.
Yes, think about Abraham, your ancestor,
and Sarah, who gave birth to your nation.
Abraham was only one man when I called him.
But when I blessed him, he became a great nation."
You are more than you ever imagined!  You too are cut from a great quarry!  Claim it trust these verses and believe!

Again, in verse 12...
"I, yes I, am the one who comforts you.
So why are you afraid of mere humans,
who wither like grass and disappear?
Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator,
the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy
and laid the foundations of the earth.
Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors?
Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies?
Where is their fury and anger now?
It is gone!
Soon all you captives will be released!
Imprisonment, starvation, and death will not be your fate!
For I am the LORD your God,
who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar.
My name is the LORD Of Heaven's Armies.
And I have put my words in your mouth
and hidden you safely in my hand.
I stretched out the sky like a canopy
and laid the foundations of the earth.
I am the one who says to Israel,
'You are my people!"

Don't you hear His amazing words of look to Me!  I am God!  I am the one who saves!  Keep your eyes on me in spite of what is happening around you!  I win!

Trust and believe with every step you take that indeed God wins!  Terrible things are happening, but keep your eyes on God and believe in His Promises!  He never tells us it will be easy.  He doesn't tell us that bad things will not happen, but look at the last verse for the reading today and find comfort that you are never alone in whatever happens.
...For the LORD will go ahead of you; yes, the God of Israel will protect you from behind.

He is with us through the good, the bad, and the ugly!  Always!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: