Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bandaged by the Great I Am!




Psalm 147: 3-5
He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.
He counts the stars and calls them by name.
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
His understanding is beyond comprehension!

I love these verses. I know that it comforts me that Our God is so big and so mighty that He is simply beyond my understanding. I find that a great comfort and it nourishes my very soul. It allows me to function everyday because I find peace in knowing that God is so big that I with my little brain will never understand all and that I don't have to...I don't understand everything and I am able to accept that I won't because God tells me this himself in these verses.

I trust and have faith in God that He does heal our broken hearts and bandage our wounds and not always the way we expect, but He does. I love the fact that God names the stars and that they have a name. He calls them by their name and this encourages me on difficult days because I know that God is calling my name ~ Debbie come along I'm carrying you and you will make it! I find great comfort knowing that
God is great and that His power is absolute! I believe with all my heart that He is way beyond my small brain and for this I truly am thankful! The only way to get through this tough world is knowing that God is just that big, mighty, powerful, great, absolute and simply way beyond all of us! Thank you God for loving me and knowing my name!

Loving and Trusting God,

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, there are a couple of things from your writing that I am pondering on this morning. First, is trying to understand God. I think perhaps I should focus on learning instead of trying to understand. I think that is our human nature to try and understand. Second, is about God doing the unexpected. I try to put Him in a box and that is when I am disappointed.

I am reminded of Isaiah 55:8-9 this morning. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."