Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What do you see?


When you first meet a person, what is the first thing you notice? Maybe their eyes, their smile, their clothes, their ???? I always notice their smile. I've heard a lot of people answer their teeth...Its funny what we notice, isn't it?

Psalm 104 spoke to me about what we notice about God...Psalm 104 tells us that He is robed in honor and majesty. A robe of light. A starry curtain is stretched out across heaven...the winds bring His message, the earth is covered in clothes of waters! God wears clothes of a different kind, doesn't he?

I was reading a commentary about this Psalm and I loved the imagery...we wear clothes everyday, so we don't see the person really...thank goodness...seriously we see the clothes..the same is true of God. God wears the role or creator just like we wear clothes. We don't truly see people and the same is true we don't truly see God in physical form we see His creations and it is the great I AM!

God is everywhere. The ravines, the mountains, the animals, the streams, the trees, the fruit, the birds,the grass...the list goes on and on. God stayed with creation and takes care of everything along the way. He provides for all beings.

Verses 19-23 talk about time with God and how He set the seasons, the sun setting and the dawn of the morning..God planned everything...I never and pray that I never will be unmoved by all that God does. The creation of our own human bodies is absolutely amazing and how it all works and God knit it together and just like it tells us in verse 31 ~ May the glory of the LORD continue forever! The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made! The earth trembles at his glance; the mountains smoke at his touch. I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath!

Let all that I am praise the Lord.

Praising,

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, Psalm 104 and your words on God's creation reminded me of a verse. It is Romans 1:20. It says, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

I think those words are telling mankind that creation cries out that there is a God. We are without an excuse for not believing in God through the wonders of creation. How awesome is the work of the Lord!