Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rejoice! Celebrate!



I've always been and will continue to be very honest about my own flaws. I have so many...I believe to be authentic in our faith, we must admit our shortcomings to become real to people...So I share my less than qualities with everybody...

Today, I want to share about the verse that was so beautiful to me today...It is from Psalm 119 verse 162 ~ I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure. I love to study the word. I get the Bible, I research the verse, I listen for what God is sharing with me and I talk to my friends about what God showed me and ask what did God show you...Back a few years ago, more than a few probably ten or more I would have thought the bible is a good book for Sunday mornings or the difficult times...or the times that you are attending a conference and you need to look the part of knowledgeable on the Word...I'm ashamed to admit this, but it is the truth.

I didn't pick it up just to read for pleasure. I needed it for something. It served a purpose for something I was doing at the time. I pray for young women to realize at a earlier age what a treasure God has given each of us. It is His handwritten letter to each of us. It tells us of his love for us, it tells us to be strong and step out in courage that He is with us, it tells us He delights in us, it tells us that He knows the number of hairs on our head..this amazes me I lose a bunch each day and He still knows the numbers of hair I have on my head and what I treasure about these facts are that He delights in the details of Debbie Covington's journey...of each of your journeys! He loves us..He treasures us and He wants to be a part of our journey. One way is through His word and the shame I feel at the fact that I was so late in realizing this treasure.

I know I would roll my eyes at older women that shared these facts with me, because I knew so much and still do at times....Another thing the Word has taught me though that even through all of my knowledge(so called) God loves me. He forgives me, if I have sense enough to admit that I am nothing without Him. I know nothing without Him. Only because He loved me and you so much that He sent Christ to die for us are we able to talk about God. His love for us is our treasure and one way to learn all about His love is through His love letter to us!

Treasuring His Word,



1 comment:

Frankie said...

Oh Debbie, if only I too would have gotten it sooner. Maybe some of us just get that teachable spirit later in life. I have to remember that it is all in God's timing anyway. I pray that I would never stop yearning for His Word.