Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who do you count on?



Who or what do you count on? Do you count on your spouse to keep you going? do you count on your parents? Do you count on your siblings to lean on? What about your friends? It's interesting when you think about it all the people that we count on in life. The plumbers, the electricians, the teachers, the docs and dentists, the nurses, the man or woman that cooks your next meal, the bus driver, the beautician, the list just goes on and on....

Psalm 130 verse 5 says it so beautifully...I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.

I see the image of little children counting and just like the picture pointing to the heavens and saying yes whether I count 1 or 100 ...you are the only one I am able to truly count on! The summer is in full force and Bible schools are going everywhere and let's all pray that the kids will realize that truly God is the one we all count on. The adults need to teach that God is who we depend on when we count! Let's go 1, 2, 3, .....

Counting,

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, that verse is just a beautiful statement of faith. A great reminder for the day. I am praying that I remember to count on The One who can be counted on today.