Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hope



I thought wow more proverbs from Solomon, what will speak today? Do you know that the verse that spoke to me was from 29 verse 20?

There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking...in other words use your brain before speaking. Have you ever had one of those times where you wished you would have done just this ~ think! We probably all have ....but it got me to thinking about hope.

Hope is defined as something that can be had ~ or to move forward with desire and confidence that something can be attained. Hope is something that we all need to get through each day and I believe the only way to have hope is through Jesus Christ!
To hope you must believe.

We have so many non-believers in our journeys each day. Imagine how bleak the day must appear to these people. People that you work with, people that you live with, people you attend church with that don't truly believe they must put one foot in front of the other without hope. What an awful thought!

On vacation last week I was reading a book about hope and feathers and thought what an interesting take on hope. Well, it was from a quote that touched my heart and hopefully it will yours...ponder on it today... "Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings that tune without the words and never stops...at all" ~ Emily Dickinson

Full of Hope,



2 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT site, Debbie.

Frankie said...

Debbie, I really liked the quote that you shared by Emily Dickinson. Your thoughts on hope reminded me of Romans 8:24,
"...but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?"

You know that I struggled recently with that very thought, did I ever really have hope. Well, I came to realize that of course I had hope. We always have hope as believers. How can we be without it?

Thanking God for the hope we have in Christ Jesus.