Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blocked answers?


Daniel 10:12-13

Don't be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way.

Okay, now we know that a lot is happening between us saying a prayer and us receiving answers. I never thought about evil spirits getting in the way and blocking answers to my prayers. 21 days went by a lot happens in 21 days…but notice how Daniel prayed …with understanding and he humbled himself before God! We are told that God heard Daniel's request, why because he humbled himself. The way Daniel talked to God ~ on his knees...

I never thought that the reason God might not have answered a prayer was that the answer might be blocked by evil ones keeping the answer from us. Did you? The spirit realm the fights between good and evil are definitely real even in the answers to our prayers! The war is on for us. The longer the evil blocks the way, we get impatient and decide to take matters into our own hands, because God must be busy with more important matters (we think) I'll just plunge right on in here and handle this one…Ooops..Not good…

In verse 19...my favorite part ~"for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!

So next time you pray for understanding remember let's humble ourselves before God and remember that there is a whole lot going on that we don't know about…in spite of we think we know everything… (Or at least I do) The way may be blocked, but God thinks we are precious and He will answer our prayers when we humble ourselves before Him!

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I like verse 10 also. I wanted to see what words the NIV translation used for "very precious" and it used "highly esteemed." I kind of like very precious though.

The messenger of God called Daniel by name. A reminder for us that the Sovereign Lord knows our name.

Today, I will ponder on the thought that God thinks I am very precious and He calls me by my name.